Date(s) - 02/17/18
12:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Formerly known as the Concealed Handgun License course, the State of TX has now expanded your carry rights to include open carry. One license grants you both rights under the revised laws. Obtain a Texas Handgun License to Carry (LTC), upon successful completion of the class and submission of the application materials, the state will issue you a license as soon as 60 days, assuming there is no legal disqualification. Our LTC class package includes the following:
- Training by a DPS certified instructor
- Qualify on site on our professional law enforcement range
- Application Preparation Assistance
- Handgun (if none available by student) for use during range qualification
- Safety glasses, target, and hearing protection for use during range qualification
- Texas Open Carry and Concealed carry law
- Where you can carry and where you cannot
- When you can use force or deadly force
- Legal implications of use of force or deadly force
- Texas weapons laws
- Nonviolent dispute resolution
- Firearms safety
Ammunition required: 100 handgun rounds
About the Instructors: Our instructor staff is comprised of subject matter experts with years of practical experience as law enforcement officers. Each instructor has been carefully selected for their operational background serving on Law Enforcement S.W.A.T. / Emergency Response Teams and/or elite units within the US Military. Range 35 is dedicated to teaching modern tactics, techniques, and procedures that have been proven in high risk operations worldwide. Based on their own real world experience our instructors understand the value of high quality training. Our goal is to insure you are prepared to excel should the occasion arise.
Pre Requisites: Meets the eligibility requirements established by 411.172 Texas Government Code, view our Texas LTC Info Sheet.
Equipment requirements: Pistol, minimum two magazines, belt, holster, magazine pouch, clear wraparound ballistic eye protection, ear protection, firearm cleaning kit, clothing appropriate for climate and conditions, water bottle or other hydration system, ball cap, sunscreen, no cross-draw or shoulder holsters. note taking materials, snacks / lunch.
Rental: All equipment and ammunition is available for rental if you are interested in attending this course but have not purchased a handgun prior to registration.
Comfort Suites Hotel – 400 Village Park Dr., Alvarado, TX 76009
(817) 293-7900 Rate Code: RANGE 35 Rate: $59.00 King – $69.00 double queen
Savings: Save $20.00 when you bundle this course with the Intro to Handguns Training Course.
Bookings are closed for this event.